Getting it right in Early Years maths: counting to calculation by Nathan Crook
Hill End Residential and Field Studies Centre, Eynsham Road, Farmoor, Oxford, Oxon, OX2 9NJ
Academy/Independent/Free school / Maintained School / Nursery / Nursery school / Other / Pre-school
Academy / Academy/Independent/Free school / Free School / Independent School / Local Authority / Maintained School / Nursery / Nursery school / Other / Pre-school
Join this ‘hands-on’ three-day course, which is aimed at practitioners from both settings and schools, to develop a secure understanding about not only the broad range of counting experiences that children benefit from gaining, but also important early maths skills that make accessing calculation possible later.
Please see the attached cancellation policy
Cost:Out of County £200 Schools£150 Settings £150
Refreshments will be available throughout the course but please bring your own lunch.
By the end of the training participants will:
- understand early mathematical concepts that it is important for children to develop deep understanding around, including through the use of everyday contexts and resources
- be able to help young children fully explore (and/or articulate) their mathematical thinking whilst moving from counting to calculation
- understand key principles associated with implementing a mastery approach in mathematics
- develop a wide range of opportunities for enhancing day-to-day provision for mathematical development, including in the context of problem solving, using the full environment
- review Early Years related policy linked with the learning and teaching of mathematics
- ensure professional learning is developed across all staff members in the provision, so that positive attitudes to mathematics are promoted as part of children’s learning experiences.
Thursday 23 April 2020
Tuesday 30 June 2020
Monday 20 April 2020
Out of County cost
EY offer no longer valid cost
Early Years cross channel charging band cost
Maintained Schools, Academies and Free Schools cost
Independent and Out of County Schools cost
Schools cross channel charging band cost