Counting to Calculation and key early maths skills in the Early Years/Year 1
Live online training, #, #, #
Academy/Independent/Free school / Local Authority / Maintained School / Nursery school
Academy / Academy/Independent/Free school / Free School / Independent School / Local Authority / Maintained School / Nursery school
To exemplify broad counting experiences and key early maths skills in the Early Years/Year 1
This workshop is suitable for Early Years and Year 1 teachers/teaching assistants who have yet to attend any CPD sessions led by Nathan Crook, either on behalf of the Oxfordshire Early Years Team or BBO/Enigma Maths Hubs
Cost: free of charge, funded by Oxfordshire Early Years
This session will provide an overview about a suggested range of counting experiences that young mathematicians need to experience before they can transition towards calculation. In addition, a range of early maths skills will be modelled which, when taught explicitly, will provide children with secure foundations in their mathematical understanding.
This session will take place interactively with participants using meeting software (tbc). In advance of the session, delegates will need to:
* Download the meetings app
* Provide an email address to log onto the training. Please note this will need to be shared with the course trainer in order to access the training. The trainer will not use this information for any other purpose.
* Print or have available any materials/resources sent to them in advance
* Complete any pre-course task sent in advance
By the end of the training participants will be able:
- To elicit the range of counting experiences that will benefit children as they prepare to move from counting to calculation.
- To understand early mathematical concepts that it is important for children to develop deep understanding around, including through the use of everyday contexts and resources.
- To elicit structured representations that children benefit from being exposed to, so they can fully explore and articulate their mathematical thinking whilst moving from counting to calculation
Wednesday 27 May 2020
Wednesday 27 May 2020
Sunday 24 May 2020
EY offer no longer valid cost
Early Years cross channel charging band cost
Maintained Schools, Academies and Free Schools cost
Independent and Out of County Schools cost
Schools cross channel charging band cost