Progression in patterning
Live online training, 1 New Road, Oxford, OX1 1ND
Academy/Independent/Free school / Local Authority / Maintained School / Nursery school
Academy / Academy/Independent/Free school / Free School / Independent School / Local Authority / Maintained School / Nursery school
To exemplify progression in children's early patterning
The workshop is suitable for Early Years and Year 1 teachers/teaching assistants who haven't attended any CPD sessions led by /Nathan Crook in the last two years, either on behalf of the Oxfordshire Early Years Team or BBO/Enigma Maths Hubs.
This training is fully funded by Oxfordshire Early Years. However, if you book a place but do not attend the session, and have not cancelled your place via Oxfordshire CPD Online within 48 hours of the start of the training, you will be charged £10.
Pattern is an important concept for children to develop understanding around. This is supported by Gifford (2019) who refers to how ‘Pattern awareness at age four [helps us] predict future attainment more accurately than any other measure.’
This session will exemplify progression in patterning experiences as highlighted by the NCETM.
This session will take place interactively with participants using meeting software (tbc). In advance of the session, delegates will need to:
* Download the meetings app
* Provide an email address to log onto the training. Please note this will need to be shared with the course trainer in order to access the training. The trainer will not use this information for any other purpose.
* Print or have available any materials/resources sent to them in advance
* Complete any pre-course task sent in advance
By the end of the training participants will be able to:
- Determine the power of young learners developing understanding of pattern, whilst eliciting what research details about the value of ensuring rigour in its organised teaching.
Monday 13 July 2020
Monday 13 July 2020
Friday 10 July 2020
EY offer no longer valid cost
Early Years cross channel charging band cost
Maintained Schools, Academies and Free Schools cost
Independent and Out of County Schools cost
Schools cross channel charging band cost